Unique retro inspired gifts help to bring back the fond memories. Fashion from the past, kitchen gadgets of the yesteryear, cool old-fashioned home decorations or perhaps vintage garden tools – these make perfect gifts for the retro lovers in your life.
There are many varieties of these vintage inspired gifts with a modern twist.
Here’s a list of 7 unique retro inspired gifts that never go out of style.
1) Retro Inspired Clocks – The retro inspired wall clocks from the 1950s come with large easy to read numbers. Those with images of the rooster bring the rustic country side feel into your room. These are normally available in a few different retro colors. You can easily get one to fit into your color themed decor.
2) Vintage Inspired Metal Signs – Reproduction retro style advertisements made of metal or distressed wood pallets make wonderful old style decoration gifts. Some of these colorful vintage inspired signs come with funny messages too. These can really add a cheerful ambiance to any room.
3) Old-Fashioned Lantern Lamps – The old school lantern lamp is useful too. It is great as a night-night in your bedroom or hallway. It also comes in handy during a power outage. Lantern lamps of old use kerosene but the modern ones work with batteries. These would certainly fit into your retro themed kitchen decor.
4) Retro Style Clothing – The ladies are really spoilt for choice where old style clothing is concerned. You get gorgeous evening gowns, flared A line skirts so popular during the 1940s and 50s, polka dots dress and lots more. As for the men, pleated dress pants, retro inspired tee shirts and shirts with grandad collar would make lovely gifts.
5) Vintage Inspired Kitchen Gadgets – These are really cool gifts for the home cook. Check out the old-fashioned salt and pepper shakers, plates with vintage designs, canisters and jars, even toothpick dispensers.
6) Coffee Mugs – Coffee mugs will always make good gifts. After all, every one needs a mug. Vintage themed coffee mugs make great nostalgic gifts. If you want a mug from a particular era, then just go for that particular era image. For example, if you’re searching for a gift depicting the 50s, then the Elvis Presley mug would be just perfect. The 1950s is the rock and roll era featuring Elvis Presley, the king of rock and roll.
7) Vintage Inspired Soft Drinks Merchandise – When you think of soft drinks, diet soda comes to mind. However, there are plenty of this classic brand merchandise that you can buy as gifts. Wall hangings, the neon clock, ornaments, canister tins, metal tin signs and lots more.
Receiving a gift that helps you recall those special moments in your life is indeed so wonderful. If you’re not sure what gifts to get for those special people in your life, then think of retro inspired gifts. You can’t really go wrong with gifts that bring back fond memories.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Karen_Li/848010